Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Paid vacation, medical/dental insurance, holidays (some US federal and Japanese national holidays)
Working hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
＊some evenings and weekends required for special events and receptions
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- General administrative duties:
- Provide daily support to the Administrative Officer
- Assist with general banking and account maintenance for the Consulate
- Assist in timely payment of accounts for the Consulate
- Act as primary office liaison to outside vendors, coordinating with officers for scheduling of various appointments and establishing new accounts as needed
- Maintain contact with the State Department for various accreditations and permissions
- Coordinate the arrival and delivery of incoming Diplomatic Cargo, including all necessary filings with the State Department and Customs and Border Patrol.
- Assist in the settlement of incoming Officials, including arranging hotel reservations, assisting with travel, car rentals, and apartment leases, and establishment of personal accounts.
- Assist other sections of the Consulate as required
- Other administrative duties and assisting the diplomats with day-to-day work.
- Strong English language skills
- Strong organizational, administrative, and communication skills
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Strong computer skills. Must be proficient in common software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Japanese language skills (favorable)
Consulate-General of Japan at Houston, 909 Fannin Street, Suite 3000, Houston TX 77010
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, proof of citizenship (ex.US passport), or a valid US permanent resident card (green card) and cover letter to Noda ( E-mail: email@example.com). Deadline for submission is July 5th, 2018 6:00pm (CST). Please do not call with regard to your application status.