Japanese Studies Scholarship
Japanese Studies Scholarships are for undergraduate students who wish to pursue Japan-related studies. This program offers students an opportunity to study Japanese language and culture for one year in Japan.
Please contact Ryan Pauley, MEXT Coordinator at the Consulate General of Japan, at Houston: 713-652-2977 x2114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUALIFICATIONS (for 2012 Scholarship)
- AGE: Applicants have been born between April 2, 1982 and April 1, 1994.
- ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be enrolled at a non-Japanese university majoring in fields related to Japanese language or culture at the time of arrival in and departure from Japan.
- LANGUAGE: Applicants must have Japanese language ability sufficient to receive instruction at a Japanese university in Japanese.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 17, 2012.
EXAMINATION AND INTERVIEW: March 2, 2012.
ARRIVAL IN JAPAN: Applicants must be able to arrive in Japan within two weeks of the starting day of classes at their Japanese university. This will generally be in October 2012.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BENEFIT AMOUNTS FOR 2012 HAVE NOT YET BEEN ESTABLISHED. 2011 benefits are listed below, but are subject to revision in 2012.
- ALLOWANCE: 125,000 yen per month (Subject to change)
- TRANSPORTATION: Successful applicants will receive an economy-class air ticket to and from Japan.
- SCHOOL FEES: The Japanese Government will pay Fees for entrance examinations, matriculation and tuition at universities.
APPLICATION INFORMATION AND FORMS