Visa applications are only accepted from residents in our jurisdiction.●OKLAHOMA
＊Click here to check the location of the Embassy/Consulate-General with jurisdiction over your place of residence.
Exemption of Visa (short-term stay)Please click here to find out if you need a Japanese visa or not.
A visa is NOT necessary for US passport holders visiting Japan for a short-term stay of less than 90 days with the purpose of tourism and business.
*visa waiver arrangement with the United States does NOT apply to U.S. individuals wishing to travel to Japan for paid activities, news/media related activities or attending depositions taken by U.S. Consul, or for U.S. Federal Government employees on official business or transit to/from official mission.
How to apply?★Apply via mail.
- Visa application must be sent to:
ATTN: Visa Section
909 Fannin Street, Suite 3000
Houston, TX 77010
- A self-addressed pre-paid return envelope and A disclaimer with the applicant's inked signature are required for mail return.
- We only ship to addresses within our jurisdiction.
- Sender (From) on the return envelope must be your name and address.
★ Apply in person.Visa window will be open as follows.
9:30am-12:30pm (Please arrive by noon) Application drop off/Visa pick up/Payment
1:30pm －4:00pm (Please arrive by 3 pm) Visa pick up/Payment only
- A proxy (include Visa Agents) may apply on the applicant's behalf with Power of Attorney with the applicant's inked signature.
- If you pick up a passport for an applicant, please bring an Authorization letter with the applicant's inked signature and your ID when you pick it up.
- The Consulate will not make copies.
When can I apply?The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you enter Japan.
- It usually takes 5-7 business days (Monday - Friday, except holidays) after all required documents are in order.
- It may take more than 5-7 business days if consultation with our headquarters in Tokyo is required.
- We will let you know by phone or e-mail when your visa is approved and issued. Please provide your best contact information.
- We do NOT have expedited services.
- We do NOT provide any updates of your application process. Please do not call or e-mail us to ask about your status.
- We only accept CASH. We do not accept personal checks, money order or credit cards.
- Please click here to check your visa fee.
List of requirement for your visa
- If you are staying in Japan less than 90 days, Short-term visit visa.
- If you are staying in Japan more than 90 days, Long-term visit visa.
- If you are applying with Certificate of Eligibility (COE), Long-term visit visa.
- We reserve the right to request additional documents if deemed necessary.
- Japan does not require a 6 month remaining validity, as long as your ORDINARY passport (no travel document) is valid at the time of travel.
- An applicant with an arrest or criminal record can refer to the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition ACT SECTION 2 LANDING OF A FOREIGN NATIONAL (Denial of Landing) Article 5 (Pages 4-7). Please contact any further inquiries directly to Japanese Immigration
For general information on Japanese Visas, please click here.
For inquiries regarding visas, please send to email@example.com. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we may take few days to respond.
Other informationJapanese Visa Information by The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
The Ministry of Justice, Immigration Services Agency of Japan
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on Japanese Visa
Trusted Traveler Program（Accelerate immigration procedures)
Foreign national coexistence policies
Visit Japan Web - Digital Agency of Japan